Wordpress

Discuss your favorite blogging platforms and why you love them so much
Kristi

Wordpress

Postby Kristi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:23 am

I am a personal fan of Wordpress. I originally setup my blog using an ASP powered platform, but that was a nightmare as I do not have strong knowledge of ASP. Wordpress, in comparison, has so many more users out there, so finding small snippets of code to fix problems and make enhancements is much easier. Plus there are many more plugins and themes made for Wordpress that are easy to add and implement. Even the initial installation onto my domain was simple since I use GoDaddy as a host, and they can auto install Wordpress through their applications area. All in all, Wordpress gets my vote for favorite platform.

Jeremy

Re: Wordpress

Postby Jeremy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:30 am

I too enjoy wordpress, however will occasionally set someone up to use Blogger depending on their goals.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 am

Wordpress has been really good for me. The first site I set up was based around a loose news posting php script, and I really wish I had used wordpress instead of it. I get constant spam on the webiste - albeit I haven't updated it in a long while sadly! You can see it at www.saveclonehigh.com

I'm tempted to sell the site and the forum to another user, but think I should move it over to wordpress before I consider doing that!

NerdieLeela

Postby NerdieLeela » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:44 am

I haven't figured out how to use WordPress. There appears to be too much coding and "finagaling" going on for it to be effective. Honestly, I prefer Blogspot. I don't have a blog (yet), but I have used blogspot to maintain a pretty decent animation portfolio. i was able to post my videos and images on the site with no real problems. However, I can appreciate what Wordpress DOES have to offer.
I really should read blogging for dummies. :P

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 pm

WordPress is really easy to use, I use it on all of my blogs, about nine of them. You don't really have to know anything about coding unless you want to play around with the way your theme looks. Even then there are some themes available, I use FlexSqueeze, that are very flexible and you can do almost anything with a click of the mouse.

EdwardCrooks

Word press :

Postby EdwardCrooks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I have been a user of this too.Let me tell you one thing that its good for the blog commenting .But we might also some another ways here successfully.
VIXIA M500 Review
Last edited by EdwardCrooks on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sire
Site Admin

Re: Word press :

Postby Sire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

EdwardCrooks wrote:I have been a user of this too.Let me tell you one thing that its good for the blog commenting .But we might also some another ways here successfully.

Cool, what's the link to your blog so we can all have a look at it?

Return to “Favorite Blogging Platforms”