Using Emails As A Source For Blog Topics

Every Blogger has his own unique way of building content and coming up with topics for their blogs. Share your ideas with the rest of us.
Sire
Site Admin

Using Emails As A Source For Blog Topics

Postby Sire » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 pm

I find sources for blog topics almost everywhere I look. One that's proved quite good on more than one occasion are my emails. If you think about it, if someone has sent you an email he's done so because he's found it of interest, and if he, or she, has found it interesting the chances are that a whole lot of other people out there will find it interesting as well.

Here is a small sample of post that originated from an email.

If Women Controlled The Earth: This came as a pile of photos and it was quite easy to convert it into a post, one that proved quite popular at that.

Necessity The Mother Of Invention And How It Relates To Blogs: This one required a little more imagination but once again it turned out to be a pretty popular post.

Perception Is Important To Your Blogging Career: My last post derived it's origin from a single photo which I found to be quite amusing. After a little thought I managed to get a post from it.

These are only a small sample. Most of my posts on my What A Load of Bullshit blog are also derived from my emails. I'm sure that, just as I have done, that others will be able to utilize this source to their own benefit.

Mitch

Re: Using Emails As A Source For Blog Topics

Postby Mitch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

That, plus many of your LOBS posts are from scam emails.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Mitch wrote:That, plus many of your LOBS posts are from scam emails.

Yep, and you'd be surprised how well they rank in the search engines. :)

GiveABrick

Postby GiveABrick » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 am

If women controlled the earth was very funny. I enjoyed that very much. Not sure everyone got your humour that day though ;)
--
Eleanor Edwards
Did you Give A Brick yet?

Support the first charity that asks you to Give A Brick (i.e. just £1) then ask your friends to do the same.

Give A Brick is a UK registered charity #1121744

Search for us on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace or YouTube.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 pm

GiveABrick wrote:If women controlled the earth was very funny. I enjoyed that very much. Not sure everyone got your humour that day though ;)

I kind of liked that myself Eleanor, and unfortunately for me there's been many a time when people don't see the humour in my jokes. :P

GiveABrick

Postby GiveABrick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 am

Sire wrote: I kind of liked that myself Eleanor, and unfortunately for me there's been many a time when people don't see the humour in my jokes. :P

I might get shot down for this because it's a massive generalisation (but I'm going to say it anyway because it's in my head and it can't stay up there too long, it might hurt someone ;)) but I've come to the conclusion that the sense of humour varies hugely across continents. And here comes the generalisation :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: I tend to find folks in the States don't quite get wry humour. I can think of exceptions. Ralph is a case in point. He is like a Martini. But I've written stuff that was meant as a bit tongue in cheek and it totally missed the mark. Shame really.
--
Eleanor Edwards
Did you Give A Brick yet?

Support the first charity that asks you to Give A Brick (i.e. just £1) then ask your friends to do the same.

Give A Brick is a UK registered charity #1121744

Search for us on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace or YouTube.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm

What you say is very true, I've noticed it myself, but that's not going to stop me telling my style of jokes, especially as it's the only kind I know. ;)

SherylLoch

Postby SherylLoch » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh, What a Load of Bull Shit!
I am appalled that you people from across the big water would dare place such a broad stoke of crap about us poor folks in the USA!

We have a great sense of humor.....remember our last President?

I am pretty sure you wanted to say that Canadians don't get humor. :lol:

I do find that people just don't get my sarcasm. God help anyone that is near Cait & I together because sarcasm just flows far to freely. :twisted:

Sheryl

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Man, I'd love to see you and Cait together. I reckon that between the three of us it would be pretty hard trying to distinguish between the BS and the real deal. ;)

EdwardCrooks

Postby EdwardCrooks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 pm

This comes under e-mail marketing and we count this a strategy of Affiliate marketing and affiliate marketing is a best way to get reward from the each visiting of a visitor/user.
VIXIA M500 Review
Last edited by EdwardCrooks on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Building Content”