Hola Soy Jeremy

A place to welcome new members and for new members to tell us a little about themselves
Jeremy

Hola Soy Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:29 am

Hi guys,

I came across Sire's Load of Bullshit blog through a friend of mine, and had to check it out (because I loved the name) and have enjoyed reading his posts as well as his comments on my blog since. I have been in the internet space for a while now but just recently launched my first blog: www.ListenToMeBitch.com which focuses on complaints and everyday annoyances delivered in a humorous and satirical manner.

I have plans in the works for two more blogs in the near future and am trying to learn as much as I can about increasing traffic and readership amongst other things.

Jeremy

Sire
Site Admin

Re: Hola Soy Jeremy

Postby Sire » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Hey Jeremy, I'm glad you joined. I love your blog and I thank you for you kind words about my Load of Bullshit Blog. You realize of course that it won't win you any brownie points, don't you? ;)

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:58 pm

So go ahead and ban me then :lol: it's one of the joys of forum ownership :roll: (I own a motorcycle forum in addition to LTMB)

Regardless of brownie points, I mean it with the utmost sincerity and am happy to be a part of the forum. I have been active in the forum space longer than I have been in the blogosphere, so it's a medium I am quite comfortable with. Additionally, I feel that I stand to learn a lot from people like you and Mitch who have been involved in blogs for a long time, and hope to be able to pass some knowledge along to others as well.

Jeremy

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Lesson number one Jeremy. Utilize the forum to its full capacity. You should have your blogs as part of your signature as it will add to it's exposure. Every time you comment, your signature will be right there behind you. You will be surprised how many people will follow you to your blog, especially if they like your comments.

Check mine out to see what I mean.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Thanks for the tip, I was actually planning on doing that earlier but was posting from my iPhone and lost patience with the touchscreen keyboard.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

I was wondering, especially as you are quite used to forums and all. I know that some frown on links in signatures, and figured that could have been the reason, but this is all about bloggers and so I encourage them.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Yea, it's a touchy subject in the forum world...but as some of my clients used to say (when I sold sportscars) "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" which seems to be true also in the forum world...

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Jeremy wrote:Hi guys,

I came across Sire's Load of Bullshit blog through a friend of mine, and had to check it out (because I loved the name) and have enjoyed reading his posts as well as his comments on my blog since. I have been in the internet space for a while now but just recently launched my first blog: http://www.ListenToMeBitch.com which focuses on complaints and everyday annoyances delivered in a humorous and satirical manner.

I have plans in the works for two more blogs in the near future and am trying to learn as much as I can about increasing traffic and readership amongst other things.

Jeremy

And I'll officially welcome you here, Jeremy. I didn't know you were from Chicago; if I'd known you then, I was there just over a month ago for a convention.

Return to “The Welcome Mat”