Fanpages and Status Updates?

Tips And Tricks That get Your Blog Noticed
NerdieLeela

Fanpages and Status Updates?

Postby NerdieLeela » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:38 am

I've been seeing a lot of news reports about the promotion of websites/blogs, but I haven't fully grasped many of those concepts. On top of that, many of those promotional steps require so much money -- more money than I really have. So, I'm wondering if social networking websites can GREATLY assist in the promotion of websites. Are fan pages and status updates on facebook really effective in helping to increase traffic to your site? I realize that I need to BUILD the site first, but I'm curious.
I really should read blogging for dummies. :P

Sire
Site Admin

Re: Fanpages and Status Updates?

Postby Sire » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Social networks can work really well if you have a large following. I get visits from my FaceBook page as well as from Twitter. If you get the right person to tweet a post it can lead to a hell of a lot of traffic.

If you're just starting out I recommend that you do a lot of commenting on other blogs, especially those that are dofollow and ones that use commentluv. Not only will these lead to more traffic, it will also help you to getting a good PR. WassupBlog is a PR4 and it was all done via commenting and writing what I hope have been quality posts.

Return to “Promoting Your Blog”