I've Just Completed MY First Squidoo Lens

Tips And Tricks That get Your Blog Noticed
Sire
Site Admin

I've Just Completed MY First Squidoo Lens

Postby Sire » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:26 am

I don't know what took me so long but I've just completed my first ever Squidoo Lens. I've used it to promote several of my posts. Now it's time to build it's authoritative value and Al's post [url=http://bloggerillustrated.net/introduction-to-backlink-stacking-and-why/
]Introduction To BackLink Stacking And Why[/url] gave me just the ammo that I need. This post will provide another link to my lens on how to make money online giving it that much more credence in Google's eyes.

If you haven't tried creating a Squidoo lens yet I suggest you give it a shot because it's a great way of promoting your blog and it's FREE!

BradWest

Re: I've Just Completed MY First Squidoo Lens

Postby BradWest » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

How are you making out with the Squidoo lens thing. I never got mush from there. I do know a place though that is counting as a link though probably would ba pretty good if I actually got some links to it. Weebly.com. here is one of my sites Prosperity Alliance it seems to have follow links and very easy to put together. I think I need more than 6 links though. the front is a static page and the back called Prosperity Extreme is a blog set up.

This site has at least shown up as a back link Squidoo never has.
Optimize what works, drop what doesn't
The Internet Marketers Guild
Show us Your Dog

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Early days Brad as I only published my first one a few days back. Apparently they're dofollow so it should turn out OK.

Man, watching Sheryl eat that flaming firebrand was pretty amazing. Lucky she wasn't drinking and hard liquor before she tried that. ;)

Hows that Prosperity Alliance working out?

SherylLoch

Postby SherylLoch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 am

I tried Squidoo a very long time ago. Very long time!
Did I ever make a lens? NO!
I just don't get them. Most of the ones I have seen are just ads & so I have vowed to never click a Squidoo link unless I REALLY like the person. Hmmm, did I got to see Using Blogs To promote Affiliates And Increase Your Earning Potential?

So even though this breaks my code...I clicked your link Sire...I LOVE the picture!

I think where most people fail at using Squidoo is
A. They never make a lens (ME)
B. They make it an all out advertisement
C. They do not promote their lens

Many people are under the ASSumption that Squidoo has a high page rank & that will automatically pass over to their lens & on to their links. But, we know that the high domain PR means nothing to your particular page. So, people build a lens & say..."I got me links on a PR 8 site", then they just flutter away to play with unicorns & wait for the big traffic & PR bonus to skip to their blog.

Silly bloggers, PR Juice (or traffic) is for smart people.

You have to push links to that lens just like any other page that you want ranked, indexed, or cache updated.

Now leave the furry bunnies to play in the forest & go toss some links.

Sheryl

Ps. Maybe I have been staying home way to much as my post are getting very goofy.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 am

Hey Sheryl, nice to see the 'Fire Eating Woman' here, and I reckon it's probably better to be known for that than 'Fire Breathing Woman' :lol:

I've been linking to that site since it's conception to give it a bit of juice. I also had to change it some so as not to look like an ad page. I'm currently working on another one and guess what, The Internet Marketing Guild is in it, so I hope you voted for my first lens, and that you will vote for the second 8-)

SherylLoch

Postby SherylLoch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Let me breathe this HOT idea on you....After you get a few lens made...take the feed from your Squidoo Authors Page and stick it in RSS Feed Submission sites.

Some of those Feed sites do require a certain amount of post before it takes it but, many will take the feed with even 1 post.

You can also get the feed off of the Guest Book of each lens there & submit it (Friendfeed or RSS Submission sites)...since there are not hot links inside the actual comment it will direct all the power to the link to the comment authors profile...hence YOU (if you answer comments).

Ok, that was my brilliant idea for the day...now I must go eat more fire.

Sheryl

Umm, you likely have already thought of this but, you didn't write it down so, I did. :lol:
You know I just write this stuff so, I can sling a link easily if someone ever ask.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I didn't know any of that Sheryl so it's all new to me and I thank you for the tip.

Now I have a hot tip for you. How about you update your profile so that your signature promoting your sites appears when you post. :lol:

Return to “Promoting Your Blog”