Promotion of blogs

Tips And Tricks That get Your Blog Noticed
huttriver

Promotion of blogs

Postby huttriver » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:02 pm

I would like to initiate a discussion on the best promotion of our blogs. :idea: I have joined a few sites that promote blogs, and have noticed Sire there as well. He's a good keen man is our Sire.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Promotion of blogs

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:22 am

Well it seems like one of the best ways to promote blogs is actually through competitions! I theorised in my blog about how you could potentially get more people to come to your competition with very little marketing effort on your part. To save repeating myself, you can read it here:

http://www.raceforamillion.co.uk/secret ... petitions/

ExtremeEzine

Postby ExtremeEzine » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:20 pm

I think the best way to promote your blog is to stay active in other blogs. Regular comments that offer quality remarks are a sure bet when it comes to blog traffic. I'm also a big fan of MyBlogLog and BlogCatalog to find new friends. I use Entrecard too but I have my doubts as to how helpful it is with quality traffic.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue May 19, 2009 2:12 pm

While competitions work for some people I must agree with Brian, that the best way is to actively comment on other blogs making sure that your comments are of such a good quality that people will come screaming to your blog to see what other great stuff you've come up with.

keithbloemendaal

Postby keithbloemendaal » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Definitely my best promotion efforts have been through networking with other bloggers, including commenting and social networks. This is a rocky road, if your disingenuous with your efforts (link dropping) then you will be weeded out.

Bjoern30

Postby Bjoern30 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 am

I do linking, social bookmarks and try to provide good content...

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 am

Welcome to WBM Bjoern, I hope we can learn a lot from each other.

I've found the best way to get comments, and backlinks, is to comment on blogs who use commentluv and keywordluv. I've actually just written a post about it. The post is called How Commentluv And Keyword Luv Can Boost Your Comments. I hope you find it useful.

As you can see this is a relatively new community and we're looking for members, if you know of anyone who may be interested in joining, perhaps you could recommend us to them ;)

Return to “Promoting Your Blog”