WP 2.8.4 - Internal Server Error

Themes, we love them, but sometimes they just don't work the way we want them to. Post any problems and fixes
Mitch

WP 2.8.4 - Internal Server Error

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:01 am

When I upgraded to WP 2.8, I had that stupid internal server error 500 come up. I was able to find a fix around that one. However, now I've upgraded to 2.8.4, and have the same thing back. But my fix isn't working this time around. Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be? I thought maybe a plugin, but none I've tested has changed anything. Thanks.

Sire
Site Admin

Re: WP 2.8.4 - Internal Server Error

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Mitch, what blog are you having this problem with?

I don't know if it will help but I sometimes have the same problem. I seems that on occasions the blog seems to be taking a long time to load and then the error suddenly appears. I could never explain it as I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I then switch from Firefox to Google Chrome and it works. Don't ask me why.

Oh, I love the avatar you chose. :D

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:47 am

I'm having the problem with Mitch's Blog. It's not the browser, though; there's something with the program. I went onto Google and did a search, and it's happening to lots of people. But the supposed solutions are so technical that I don't dare try them.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 am

I've just had a look and it appears to be working OK. Do you have to be doing something for the error to appear? Also, did you try switching back to the default theme to see if that solved the problem?

OK, I just left a comment there and I noticed that you're using 2.8.4 and no error appeared.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 am

Oh, you can't see it, Sire. It's internal, as in when I'm trying to do certain things in the Dashboard.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 am

Mitch wrote:Oh, you can't see it, Sire. It's internal, as in when I'm trying to do certain things in the Dashboard.

DOH! OK, well there must be a conflict somewhere. Try a process of elimination. Are you able to change to the default theme? Failing that can you deactivate all your plugins and then reactivate one by one.

It's assume it has to be something that is unique to your blog and others, including myself, are not having the same problem.

How about a manual upgrade? Perhaps something was missed in the auto-upgrade?

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I know it's not the plugins, and I did swap themes just as a test, and that didn't solve anything. Remember, my blogs won't do the auto upgrade. The only thing left for me to try is actually going in, deleting everything, then reloading the software; sigh,...

Then again, I don't really need to see all that stuff on the dashboard, and since that's the only area messing with me, I'll leave it for now.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Is that blog hosted by the same host as your other blogs? I'm just trying to think of all the variables involved.

I've done a bit of searching around and I found this post and it just involved a htaccess file.

If it is the same host is there anything different about that blog in relation to your other blogs?

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Yup, I'd seen this one already. The same with the php.ini file, something I wrote about with 2.8. None of my blogs update automatically, and all are on the same host. Also, it's possible that I'd have the same problem with all my blogs, since the dashboard really doesn't work for any of them.

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Any chance of giving me temporary admin access so I can have a look at it from my end. If so just email me the details.

Return to “Themes, Problems And Resolutions”