Feedburner? Other options?

A blog without readership is a pretty lonely thing. We all crave readership and strive to build our subscription base. Discuss some of the methods that can be used.
Jeremy

Feedburner? Other options?

Postby Jeremy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 am

Hi guys,

I wasn't really sure where to post this, so I just stuck it in here, but feel free to move it if you feel another topic would have been more appropriate.

I've noticed most bloggers use Google's Feedburner to manage their RSS feeds. I looked into that some time ago only to discover countless articles in which people warned that should I decide to stop using FeedBurner at any point, I would loose all of my subscribers.

So, I have a few questions for you guys:

1.) What advantages are there to using FeedBurner?
2.) Will I lose my current subscribers if I choose to migrate my feed to Feedburner?
3.) Is it true that I will loose subscribers if I later decide to bail on FB?
4.) Are there any alternatives to Feedburner that I should be considering?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sire
Site Admin

Re: Feedburner? Other options?

Postby Sire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi Jeremy, I reckon this is as good a place as any for this post, after all RSS is one way of building up your readership. Now, I don't know how accurate this is and if I'm wrong I am sure someone will put me right.

1. The main advantage of Feedburner is that it allows you a lot more stats and features, and if you use the Google one you can also monetize it.
2. I would say no as your old feed still exists.
3. As long as you do not terminate the membership you should still retain your subscribers.
4. I'll leave this one open for someone else to answer.

OK, now all we need is for someone to say I am wrong with a concise explanation as to why I have erred. :roll:

Return to “Tips On Building Readership”