Commenting

A blog without readership is a pretty lonely thing. We all crave readership and strive to build our subscription base. Discuss some of the methods that can be used.
Mitch

Commenting

Postby Mitch » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Yup, that one word, commenting, seems to be the major force in driving people to visit your blog. It works best when those blogs have CommentLuv, because people may get intrigued by your blog title and decide to visit.

At that point, your content had best be intriguing in some fashion, otherwise you won't keep the repeat traffic coming, and that would be a major shame.

peterlee

Re: Commenting

Postby peterlee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:19 pm

I think what Mitch says is very true. But I think it works best only if you get to be one of the top commentators in the blog. I've more traffic when this happens and especially if the blog has high traffic. So I guess this means having to comment on all your high traffic blogs consistently and maintaining your position. Very much like what my experiment found out about blog commenting.

Peter

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:28 am

peterlee wrote:I think what Mitch says is very true. But I think it works best only if you get to be one of the top commentators in the blog. I've more traffic when this happens and especially if the blog has high traffic. So I guess this means having to comment on all your high traffic blogs consistently and maintaining your position. Very much like what my experiment found out about blog commenting.

Peter

That's true, Peter, and kind of what I was getting at. Doing a "drive by" posting and never going back doesn't help anyone.

EdwardCrooks

Postby EdwardCrooks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Your commenting should be informative and relevant and the abusive and the odd wording should not be used ever.Try to generate information for the others' benefit too.Its a right form of training.
VIXIA M500 Review

Sire
Site Admin

Postby Sire » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Wise words Edward, too bad that many don't follow them

Return to “Tips On Building Readership”